General advantages of rotationally Moulded products for Automotive Industry
Construction & Features :
- Single piece moulded, seamless, joint-less and homogenous construction.
- Virtually stress-free products, negligible residual stress after moulding.
- Ability to add moulded-in metal, plastic and rubber child parts during the process.
- Large variety of inserts are possible to mould-in.
- Intricate and complex shapes can be moulded.
- Most undercuts can also be moulded
- Baffles can be designed and moulded-in to prevent liquid sloshing and surging.
- Relatively uniform wall thickness distribution is possible.
- Light-weight products, ideal for weight-reduction targets.
- Sandwich foam construction is possible for increased rigidity, thermal and acoustic insulation.
- Virtually any part size can be rotationally moulded.
- Multi layer parts are possible, choice of materials and combinations possible along-with adjustable wall thickness of each individual layer.
- Flexibility in wall thickness and part weight.
- Attractive and aesthetically pleasing surface finishes are possible.
- Good strength to weight ratio for most applications.
- Polymer lining for metal parts is possible, Rotolining.
Environment and material properties
- Eco-friendly & recyclable products.
- High environmental stress cracking resistance.
- Very good weatherability, excellent UV properties can be obtained.
- Attractive non-fading colours can be moulded.
- Products are practically maintenance free, fit-and-forget installations.
- Products are resistant to most chemicals, moisture and corrosion.
- Ease to install, tough & durable products.
- Material properties can be altered to suit the needs.
- Specific properties like Fire retardant, Conductive, Anti-static, Anti-Bacteria, etc. can be obtained.
- Scrap during moulding is negligible, highly sustainable process.
- Relatively low cost of tooling and development costs.
- Extremely cost effective to mould large parts.
- Low wear-tear of moulds and moving parts.
- Process is ideal for large hollow parts.